Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Position is flexible to be Hyderabad or Bangalore
Are you passionate about Talent movement and interested in experimenting with new ideas to innovate on behalf of associate experience and pay? Do you believe that all employees deserve a perfect on boarding experience no matter where they come from? Do you have a strong background in project management and the ability to look across multiple projects to see the overlaps and connection points that others might miss? If your answer to all the above it yes, we would love to talk to you! We are looking for a strong Program Manager to join our our team to lead some of the new key strategic projects that are to change the way we channel our internal company talent over the next few years, with high visibility to the business.
At Amazon, our businesses continue to grow and expand because of our innovative technologies, extensive global retail selection, and world class operations. Driving all of our businesses are talented employees who are strong owners, have the highest standards, and obsess over our customers. Employees come to Amazon to do meaningful work, and we as Employee Services, make that easier by removing barriers, building a zero-defect experience and enabling self-service. Applying to, working at, and leaving Amazon should be frustration-free experiences and we help employees achieve that everyday.
As a Program Manager for the Global Transfer Services team you will champion innovation and help various stakeholders and project managers identify, design and implement initiatives that will change the way we manage associate pay globally. This may include process improvements, technology driven solutions, and the development of new programs. This role will be dedicated to providing Program Management support for the India/APAC Transfers workstream and will be responsible to envision the perfect transfer experience for this region.
Key job responsibilities
• Delivering complex large scale projects from initiation through delivery in talent movement and/or pay space.
• Setting or collaborating on business objectives in order to deliver system or process solutions with the most efficient use of resources and technologies.
• Supporting critical relationships and negotiations of agreements with customers, stakeholders or other external partners.
• Building project plans and reporting on the status of a portfolio of projects.
• Successfully identifying and implementing process improvements using six sigma and data to inform priority.
• Analyzing the needs of multiple stakeholders/users to improve projects and clearly documenting requirements.
• Demonstrating a bias for action and an ability to deal with great ambiguity. One of the key success criteria for this position is the ability to effectively drive change in loosely defined situations.
• Balancing big picture thinking to define strategy while staying on top of every detail to ensure smooth delivery.
• Presenting to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- 3+ years experience in program or project management
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• MBA Preferred.
• PMP Preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with HR, business and technical teams
• A passion for experimentation and innovation.
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
• Thorough command of HR processes and systems that help administer or control payroll or pay programs.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
• Strength in verbal and written communication.
• Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
• Experience in a business environment with the practical application of leadership development, organization development and talent management.