Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Customers are using Alexa to capture in-the-moment shopping needs at home, on the go, and at work, now more than ever before. In addition, brands are increasingly curious about how to tell their stories to customers through Alexa. On this team, you will build products that shape how the world’s largest brands leverage Alexa to create highly engaging shopping experiences for millions of customers.We are looking for builders who understand what it takes to transform ideas into scalable technology solutions, are energized by leading high-visibility Steam goals, and desire to make a material direct impact to Amazon’s bottom line.
We are seeking a talented SDE who takes pride in both the technical and business contributions of their work. As a member of our team, you will work closely with business leaders to build a suite of new products and services that reach millions of customers each week.
The Alexa Shopping Advertising team is deeply curious, passionate, agile, and collaborative, with an overarching desire to build world-class products on behalf of customers. If this sounds like you, please reach out to learn more!
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
- Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language – preferably in Java in a Linux environment.
- Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
- Experience building large-scale online services.
- Ability to comfortably work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.