- Corporate Receptionist for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon - Arlington, VA
- Banista (Banana Attendant) for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon - Arlington, VA
- Data Engineer, WW Amazon Stores Finance Technology - Arlington, VA
- Core Talent Leader, Amazon Entertainment, GME Talent Experience Team - Arlington, VA
- Corporate Counsel, Amazon Business - Arlington, VA
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Location: Seattle, WA; New York, NY; Arlington, VA; Nashville, TN, Austin, TX, or Los Angeles, CA
This role can be in Love food? Interested in shaping the grocery offering of Amazon Fresh? At Amazon Fresh Grocery, we are pioneering the next generation of customer services, offering ultra-fast delivery and in-store on fresh grocery, pantry staples, household essentials, and the best of Amazon.com.
The Amazon Fresh Grocery (AFG) team is looking for an experienced and detail-oriented Sr. Category Program Manager to develop the selection strategy for scaling the Fresh Grocery business. The role offers the opportunity to build and execute on selection strategy by working cross functionally within Retail functions (Vendor Management, Instock, Expansion, Merchandising, Sourcing, and Marketing, Launch, Real Estate, Store Design), Product Management/Tech, Science, Finance and international teams. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to use their analytical skills to influence the business direction. The person in this role will be interacting with senior leaders on a regular basis and should understand the importance of presenting thoughtful and high quality work that drives business decisions.
This role will be responsible for
1. Managing the selection strategy for all of the AFG launches (instore and online) to improve the business’ ability to launch customer obsessed selection in all markets we play in.
2. Develop a robust strategy for selection that will improve the efficiency of planograms across the org and simplify the Merchandising teams processes.
3. Create a standard operating procedure and playbook for scaling selection for launches and special programs.
4. Create solutions when issues arise that may impact timelines for finalizing selection and optimizing cx.
5. Understand business objectives from various retail stakeholders and continually iterate on planning process and priorities.
6. Analyze and develop solutions for business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context and invent & simplify solutions.
7. Drive projects to completion, partnering effectively with supporting teams such as Product Management, Tech and category SMEs.
Key job responsibilities
• Collaborate with launch and merchandising teams to develop instore, pickup and delivery strategy for AFG
• Develop and drive regular reporting for key stakeholder to understand the progress of scaling projects and selection management
• Partner with other Selection team PMs to take their learnings from data and processes and integrate into Think Big strategies
A day in the life
Lead programmatic obsession for internal customers (VMs/ISMs/MMs/Hubs/Distis) by deeply understanding their pain points, inventing short-term improvements while thinking big with technical teams on long-term automated solutions, with the ultimate goal of providing the best customer experience possible.
About the team
The Selection team was formed to create a centralized assortment management process for Amazon Fresh Grocery (stores and online). With a mission of, assorting the grocery products that customers want and need instore & online.
• Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of professional or military experience
• 5+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel
• Proven experience independently identifying and delivering operational improvement projects
• Extensive experience as a program or project manager
• Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to influence others
• Ability to solve difficult and ambiguous problems including identifying and completing the relevant data analysis.
• Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Strong analytical thinking skills including the ability to solve ambiguous problems with a self-directed logical and data approach.
• An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment
• Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results
• Advanced proficiency in Excel
• Master’s degree (or equivalent)
• Experience developing and streamlining processes
• Strong communication skills and ability to hold others accountable
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.