- Corporate Receptionist for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon - Arlington, VA
- Banista (Banana Attendant) for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon - Arlington, VA
- Program Manager, Continuous Improvement, Worldwide Customer Service, Amazon Customer Excellence System - Arlington, VA
- Learning Program Manager, Amazon Business Enablement - Arlington, VA
- Software Development Engineer, Amazon Ads Identity - Arlington, VA
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
AWS is the industry leader in Cloud Computing. We enable our customers to dynamically scale their computing capacity as needed. They sky is the limit! Our team is focused on the underlying challenge to this promise enabling AWS to deliver increased capacity, across a rapidly expanding worldwide footprint of Regions and Availability Zones, while driving down operational costs. We implement tooling to automate the build of the EC2 into new geographies. You will have the opportunity to implement tooling that interacts with a broad set of EC2 services ensuring we can build one of Earth’s largest distributed systems at scale.
We create the tools and mechanisms needed to deploy new EC2 capacity in a fully automated fashion with zero human touch while driving down the footprint needed to run EC2. This work requires innovative solutions for managing complex large scale deployments including configuration, service migration, dependency detection and management and more.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- A post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience with developing in a Linux environment
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.