- Product Manager, Technical, Amazon Athena - Boston, MA
- Sr Government Customer Advisor- Amazon Business, Local Northeast - Boston, MA
- Senior Business Development Manager, Amazon Business - NonProfit - Boston, MA
- Sr Government Customer Advisor (Mid-market) - Amazon Business, Local Northeast - Boston, MA
- Senior Account Executive - Nonprofit , Amazon Business - NonProfit - Boston, MA
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Alexa Artificial Intelligence (AI) team is looking for a passionate, talented and inventive Applied Scientist with a strong machine learning background to build state-of-the-art ML systems powering Alexa’s interactions with its customers. Join a dynamic and innovative team of scientists who are using machine learning, information retrieval and natural language technologies to make Alexa accurate, efficient, and fast. In this team, you will not only work on the production stack but you can help contribute to the academic community through publications.
Key job responsibilities
- Use Natural Language Processing (NLP), deep learning and knowledge graph ML techniques to create scalable solutions for enriched entity-oriented knowledge representations and personalization.
- Develop models and systems that improve end-user experience through integration of entity oriented representations
- Works with teammates to design, experiment and evaluate highly innovative models for predictive, explainable learning and produce technical documents which will be the foundations of idea productization in Amazon
- Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches and contribute to academic community through publications
A day in the life
An Applied Scientist II with Alexa AI will be engaged in developing state-of-the-art AI & ML techniques in entity representation, linking & knowledge graph problems. They will work on making these techniques applicable to resource constrained environments. They will enjoy a creative environment that balances research with application, and explore Machine Learning techniques to help build a key piece for Alexa’s functionality. They work closely with engineering and business teams to implement their solution and scientifically measure the impact on downstream systems.
About the team
The Alexa AI organization is responsible for cutting-edge research and development in the fields of human language technology, with the objective of making Alexa more smarter, trustworthy and responsive for our customers. Our team is focused on organizing the world’s entities and making them actionable on Alexa through natural inputs, in many languages and modalities.
- PhD or equivalent Master’s Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
- 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- 3+ years experience in building speech recognition, machine translation or natural language processing systems
- 3+ years Machine Learning experience and familiar with standard speech and machine learning techniques.
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
- Strong software development skills
- Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.