- J0522-1807 - Senior Cloud Engineer (AWS and Python) - Lebanon, VA - Lafayette, LA
- Data Engineer - Lafayette, LA
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Where will Amazon’s growth come from next year? In five years? Which product lines are staged to quintuple in size, and which ones are mature?
Who are we:
These are some of the most important questions at Amazon today. North American Customer Fulfillment (NACF) will be the answer to many of those questions. Our Fulfillment Centers (FCs) utilize Amazon robotics, scanning machines, and computer systems that track millions of items in a day. As part of the team, you will utilize cutting edge data pipelines, build accurate predictive models, participate in new site launches, and deploy automated software solutions to provide forecasting insights to senior leadership (C suite) driving decisions effecting millions of customers globally.
NACF Finance is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to be the trusted finance partner at one of our sites. Experience with this team opens up several career opportunities across Amazon, e.g. senior roles supporting different business lanes, project management roles, and/or management opportunities locally, regionally, and globally.
This role will partner closely with a broad range of Finance and business leaders in Operations, HR, Technology, and Retail; as well as with research scientists, technical product managers, and software developers. This role will design, develop, and maintain performance measurements and reporting on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
Success in this role:
The successful candidate will have demonstrated an ability to influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly evolving environment. Regular collaboration with executives and various business units across Amazon will allow you the opportunity to exhibit your verbal and written communication skills. A typical day in this role, provides an opportunity to improve and create new measures for site productivity, innovate creative solutions utilizing large scale data mining tools, identifying high priority work/projects to maximize results for key stakeholders, and solve complex problems effecting companywide strategic decision-making.
Key job responsibilities
- Utilizing solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interoperate data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon which may have global impact.
- Responsible for delivering weekly/monthly financial close, planning, forecasting, budgeting, and consolidations utilizing financial systems and advance excel functions.
- Create effective business partnership, manage competing priorities, and providing guidance during unexpected events
- Intuitively utilize active listening skills to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner, adjusting your style based on audience, to articulate complex finance issues
- Collecting and analyzing quantitative data to develop relevant reports leading to cost reductions
- Take part in hiring, developing, and mentoring activities while you seek value, and leverage diverse perspectives
- Proactively identify opportunities to resolve finance defects and improve, scale, or simplify finance tools across teams and organizations.
- Contribute to work life harmony by becoming a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
- Job Requirements: Up to 25% regional and domestic travel
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
- Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 3 years of finance experience
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.