- Amazon - Front Desk Program Manager for Northwest Center Services - Seattle, WA
- Amazon - Front Desk Trainer for Northwest Center Services - Seattle, WA
- Amazon - Business Process Analyst for Northwest Center Services - Seattle, WA
- UX Researcher, Amazon Fashion - Seattle, WA
- Front End Engineer, Amazon Legal Technologies - Seattle, WA
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Alexa is the groundbreaking intelligent agent that has changed customers’ lives and made voice driven experiences a reality today. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, experienced, analytical and detail oriented Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to deep dive into ambiguous and complex business issues, and deliver insights. If you are passionate about innovating and are a highly-motivated, talented, and experienced Business Intelligence Engineer who wants to impact AI driven experiences in the lives of our customers, come join our Alexa Marketing Strategic PMO team!
In this role, you will empower data-driven decision making through implementing principles of data mining, data modelling, and analytical skills to define and measure metrics for evaluating the business. You will extract, integrate, and work on critical data to build out data pipelines, automate reports, and dashboards to communicate your findings and leverage self-service tools to internal stakeholders.
Key job responsibilities
• Participate in planning and execution focused on long-term product building (e.g. Tableau, Quicksight dashboards and/or Python-based reporting tools) and short-term (ad hoc) analytics requests (e.g. execute SQL to answer ad-hoc business questions).
• Develop methods and metrics that provide insights to business owners, product teams, and senior leaders.
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting/analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
• Develop pragmatic analyses and choose applicable solutions that add value to the business area.
• Understand data resources and know how, when, and which to use (and which not to use).
• Use advanced analytical techniques to solve business problems.
• Continue to move forward in the face of ambiguity and imperfect data.
• Find a solution around the problem that still maintains a high analytical bar and don’t suffer from “analysis paralysis”.
• Ensure that decisions are based on the merit of their unbiased analytical results.
• Communicate analysis results and techniques, both verbally and in writing, clearly and confidently to peers, business partners, and leaders.
A day in the life
In addition to leading analytical tools and reporting, you will provide thought leadership and business analysis support as needed. This role requires you to be able to influence senior leaders in tech and non-tech. The successful candidate will demonstrate business acumen, experience in developing reporting and analytical infrastructures and ability to work effectively with cross functional teams in a fast paced environment. You should have excellent business and communication skills to collaborate with business owners to draw insights from data to answer questions to key business questions.
About the team
We are a close-knit, fun team who are driven, and hold an high bar for customer facing experiences. We have a great mix of new to Amazon and tenured leaders, which affords us the role of being highly trusted stakeholders across the org. From crossword puzzles, virtual scavenger hunts, being foodies, to raising awareness on diverse issues, and having each other’s back, we have something for everyone with a positive and collaborative vibe. We are proud of our work, and we keep the bar and autonomy high. If you like being on the cutting edge, come work with us!
- Bachelor’s degree or higher within a technical discipline OR equivalent work experience
- 5+ years professional experience
- 3+ years of years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence or a related field
- Expertise in SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment using large datasets
- Expertise using data and metrics in projects to drive decisions, prioritization, design, and actions
- Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR, EML
- Experience with programming; experience with or interest in python
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening, and customer relationships
- Master’s degree or higher in Statistics, Data Science, or an equivalent quantitative field OR equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of industry experience working as a BIE or related specialty
- Experience using Cloud Storage and Computing technologies such as AWS Redshift, S3, Hadoop, etc.
- Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
- Experience communicating results and business impact of analytical deep dives to senior leadership
- Experience working as a BIE in a technology company
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.