- Amazon - Corporate Receptionist Trainer for Northwest Center Services - Seattle, WA
- Amazon - Corporate Receptionist (Seattle) for Northwest Center Services - Seattle, WA
- Amazon - Front Desk Trainer for Northwest Center Services - Seattle, WA
- Amazon Robotics - Software Development Engineer (SDE) Intern - Summer 2023, Business Intelligence/ Stats - Seattle, WA
- Email Deliverability Manager, Amazon Simple Email Service - Seattle, WA
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Fire Tablet Insights team is seeking a customer focused, analytically, and technically skilled Business Intelligence Engineer to help shape the future of the tablet business. The team’s success depends on our ability to create actionable insights from the data that that our customers generate. A BIE in our team requires the ability to dive deep into large amounts of data, have good business intuition, curiosity, and grit to deal with ambiguity, and the desire to influence strategic decisions with data-driven analysis and insights.
Key job responsibilities
• Enable decision-making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources to present it in a digestible and actionable format
• Architect standardized data models in the data warehouse for analysis and long-term reporting
• Work with product teams to identify gaps and trends
• Analyze large data sets using a variety of database query and visualization tools
• Provide technical expertise in extracting, integrating, and analyzing critical data
• Design and develop key performance metrics and indicators using standardized and custom reports
• Perform ad hoc analysis to quickly solve time sensitive operational issues and business cases
• Clearly communicate any potential discrepancies and/or reporting downtime, including specific root cause, steps to resolution, and resolution date to a large end-user base
• Work with subject matter experts to document and translate business requirements into technical requirements
• Manage multiple projects and proactively communicate issues, priorities, and objectives
Amazon is offering teams more flexibility on where we work. This role is open to Seattle WA (preferred), Irvine CA, or Sunnyvale CA.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics, or similar)
• 3+ years of professional experience in one of the following areas: data engineering, business intelligence or business analytics, data science
• Advanced knowledge and experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets is a must.
• Professional experience with business intelligence tools (eg., Power BI, Tableau, Quicksight, etc.)
• Knowledge and understanding of statistics, percentiles, data aggregation, and analysis
• Experience conducting large scale data analysis and communicating analysis through verbal or written communication.
• Experience in designing and building data infrastructure/automated reporting tools.
• Hands on experience with scripting tools for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Shell)
• Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.
• Customer focus and professional demeanor; ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
• Experience in AWS services such as AWS Redshift, EMR, Athena, Aurora, Glue, EC2, and S3 etc
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
• Experience with quantitative modeling and statistical analysis projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.