Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable financial systems that support AWS’s current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon’s AWS cloud services? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
AWS Financial Technology Team is looking for a strong technical leader results-oriented, driven who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes building high-performance reliable systems, and enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. We need someone to design and develop services that facilitate global financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually as we are building finance applications to manage the fastest growing AWS business.
Key job responsibilities
As a Manager , BIE on AWS Finance Technology team, you will be leading a team of BIE/DE and will play a thought leadership role in our team the team will look to you for advice on data and business issues facing them. You work very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things. You will have a company-wide view of the Data Engineering and Reporting solutions that you build, and you will consistently think in terms of automating or expanding the results company-wide. This high impact role will have an opportunity to lead a team to help design and build our data infrastructure and work with emerging technologies such as EMR, Glue, Spark and associated AWS cloud services while driving business intelligence solutions end-to-end: business requirements, workflow instrumentation, data modeling and ETL. You should be an expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data lake and into end-user facing applications. The role requires someone who loves data, understands enterprise information systems, has a strong business sense, and can lead a team to put these skills into action.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BIE or in a similar role
- Experience of managing Engineering Products and Technical Team
- Experience with Reporting , analytics, data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience leading and influencing the data strategy of your team or organization
- Developing and operating large-scale data structures for business intelligence analytics using: ETL/ELT processes; OLAP technologies; data modeling; SQL;
- Experience with at least one relational database technology such as Redshift, Oracle, MySQL or MS SQL
- Experience with at least one massively parallel processing data technology such as Redshift, Teradata, Netezza, Spark or Hadoop based big data solution.
- Industry experience as a Business intelligence Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Data Engineer, Software Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc).
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources.
- Experience leading/managing large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, using AWS technologies Redshift, S3, Glue, EMR, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies.
- Experience hiring, developing and promoting engineering talents.
Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 10+ years industry experience.
- Experience managing a technical team of 8+ engineers for 4 or more years.
- Experience Communicating to senior management and customers verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple high-complexity projects with competing priorities and diverse team members.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.