Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Join us as we revolutionize the book industry and tear down barriers that once blocked writers from reaching readers. Over the past 10 years Amazon’s Print-On-Demand business (POD) has grown rapidly and has become a strategic cornerstone to Amazon’s physical media business supporting selection and availability. Our vision for POD is a world where customers can find and buy any book in any language on Amazon; where publishers and authors can distribute their titles across Amazon’s global websites without having to hold physical inventory; where every title is always “in-stock” and customer orders are manufactured in real-time and delivered on-time; where we seek out latest technology trends to build exciting new on-demand products for customers.
To support our continued growth, we are looking for the most exceptional finance professionals to join our US Books Finance team based on Seattle. You will be working with teams in Seattle, Charleston, and in key marketplaces around the globe.
As a Senior Finance Analyst on this team, you will support POD business growth initiatives and own POD FP&A functions (P&L, planning, Business Reviews coordination, Goals tracking). You will be working closely with business leaders and provide data driven analysis in areas such as transportation and offer recommendations to help drive the evolution of the POD model. This position offers a unique point of view across both KDP (self-publishing authors) and KEP (Enterprise publishers) businesses and reaches out cross functionally within the wider WW Books finance team (inclusive of digital).
A successful candidate will be strategic, analytical, and demonstrate the ability to effectively manage financial responsibilities to all business and financial partners they support.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform financial reporting, ad-hoc project analyses, and financial modeling using a broad range of tools including Excel
- Drive core financial processes including month end close, Annual Operating Plan, long range Strategic Plan and Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews
- Complete complex business modeling and analysis to identify operating improvements and deep dive on cost structures
- Influence business decisions with effective verbal and written communication, data driven analysis and modeling, and presentation of options and alternatives
- Facilitate financial review meetings with various levels of leadership to ensure effective finance and cost management
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos)
- MBA and/or CPA/CFA
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, Tableau, Cognos)
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Highly analytical and detail oriented with advanced financial modelling and reporting skills
- Experience driving process improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Strong track record of strategic business partnership including the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities in a fast paced, growing and ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.