Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) Networking is looking for a highly skilled Systems Development Engineer who wants to join the development of an exciting new distributed networking platform. Come help us build a fault tolerant, highly available, elastically scaling system that will power new customer facing products and develop into a critical piece of the core EC2 Software Defined Network (SDN). We want someone who’s enthusiastic about the potential of cloud computing and building resilient, scalable and high-performance distributed services.
The ideal candidate thrives on translating complexity into one-click automation and being extremely customer-centric. We obsess over our customer, and require the candidate to share our passion in building and owning a product that delights our customers. They have a proven track record of delivering high quality solutions, performing rigorous testing and monitoring, and work independently as well as mentor junior engineers. We operate at scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
• BS Computer Science or other technical degree and related experience
• Experience in a critical 24×7 production service environment
• Proficiency in programming with scripting languages like Bash, Ruby, Python and Perl
• Proficiency in TCP/IP networking, architecture and core technologies (DNS, routing, iptables, tc, etc.)
• Experience in Cloud DevOps and Infrastructure as Code technologies
• Ability to operate in high pressure environment and successfully handle multiple priorities
• Knowledge of network performance methodologies along with hands on empirical monitoring
• Experience deploying or managing large scale distributed Linux environments
• Experience in AWS technologies like DynamoDB, EC2, VPC, S3, Kinesis etc. is a plus
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.