Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Want to transform the way people enjoy video, music & books? Come join the team that made Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, Live radio, Audible books, Kindle books, Podcasts, and more available to Alexa customers.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. We’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
As Sr. SDET you will be responsible for building highly scaled systems that ensure Alexa continues to delight customers world wide.
• Lead the design and development of quality infrastructure that encourages the optimal combination of unit/component/integration and end to end tests.
• Collaborate with software engineering teams, driving continuous development, integration and deployment
• Working with Principal Engineers and other Senior engineers to develop best practices for software quality assurance across multiple software teams
• Actively participate in cross team design reviews
• Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community
• Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and expertise.
• You will have a profound impact on millions of customers.
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
• The key requirement for this position is established skill designing and developing complex, interactive customer experiences.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
About the team
Alexa Music QA owns the full end-to-end experience the Alexa Music platform delivers to customers.
Our charter is to continuously drive quality engineering and push the quality bar up across all Alexa Music teams. We do this by :
• Providing test infrastructure to enable engineering teams to test and own quality of the services.
• Acting as consultant to engineering team for service test coverage.
• Being a stakeholder of the release to ensure defects are fixed per SLA and end customer experience are protected and improved.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 4 years relevant work experience, or 6+ years relevant work experience
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python or PERL
• 5+ years experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
• Experience with test driven development and establishing unit test infrastructures
• Experience automating the validating of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
• Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed toolsets
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
• Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.