Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Come change the way the world sees the Cloud!
The CloudWatch Logs team builds and manages some of the largest logging systems in the world. CloudWatch Logs allows AWS users to ingest their application and AWS logs in a highly scalable, durable, and reliable service for enterprise scale; find and analyze the right log data to solve operational problems; generate metrics and alarms from their log events; or send log data to other downstream systems.
As part of the Logs team you’ll get to build critical monitoring services that impact every single AWS customer, both internally and externally there’s not many team’s that can say that!
Building a High-Performing & Inclusive Team Culture
You will be attracting & developing a world-class team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results. Driving results through others is your primary responsibility, and doing so in a way that builds on our inclusive culture is key to our long term success.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Vancouver office, but we’re also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later. We are builder-operators of our services at AWS and have an on-call rotation where you’ll participate once every 2-3 months.
Energizing and Interesting Technical Problems
We are looking for a software engineering leader to own a significant portion of this product portfolio. Successful candidates are passionate about monitoring and have experience leading large organizations in a related space. To be successful in this role, you’ll need a good balance of deep technical skills and strong product sense. You’ll need experience building and leading large software teams. You’ll need excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to represent the team with senior executives. And, you’ll need strong customer relationship skills, including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying customers’ feature requests.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We’re committed to the growth and development of every member of CloudWatch Logs, and that includes our development managers. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire CloudWatch org and deliver site-wide initiatives that will improve the life of all of our teams.
CloudWatch Logs is a growth environment – we’re hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our customers. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and will have get to hire & develop other leaders along the way.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- BS Computer Science or other technical degree and/or related experience.
- 6+ years of software design and operations in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Experience running and maintaining a large scale, distributed, 24×7 service-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple data centers.
- Demonstrable expertise around specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools.
- Experience leading teams that participate in, and influence, open standards work.
- Familiar with efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Passion for providing a great customer experience.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.