Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Amazon Digital Payments Tech Team’s vision is to delight our customers with the best payment experience in the world! To achieve this vision, we are in search of a talented technical leader and craftsman who builds robust software that scales as well as client-facing features which are intuitive and simple to use.
Our team takes a world view of payments for all of Amazon and builds highly customized and seamless payment experiences for our global customers. This focus on geography and customer requires working on different technologies such as Android, Amazon Fire, and back-end systems in order to meet the needs of our customers. Our back-end systems are always available and guarantee that our customer’s orders are never lost and always processed even when downstream services are down.
Our team is highly motivated and in need of a senior engineer who can take the technical reigns of the team and steer them in the direction of our vision.
You are a technical leader and craftsman with a proven track record of successful delivery. You are someone who will enjoy the challenge of working on complex and highly disparate technologies from front-end Android development to back-end highly distributed systems. You are security-conscious and continually analyze software for potential threats to safeguard customer trust. You are interested in a high growth career opportunity and enjoy building software that brings smiles to our customers.
Key job responsibilities
Specifically, you will:
Own the architecture of several components of the Payments tech stack
Continuously working on improving the current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, and on the development of major routines and utilities.
Designing and building features with a strong mindset towards performances.
Preparation of technical requirements and software design specifications.
Understanding the internals of graphics systems.
Instilling best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules
Solve complex architecture and business problems. Innovate to solve unique problems in simple yet elegant way. Solutions are extensible.
Take ownership for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality and insisting on highest standards while working with other software teams.
Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application. Write high quality code that is modular, functional and testable; – Establish the best coding practices
Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment unafraid to think out-of-the-box
Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
A day in the life
We are the custodians of payments for all digital businesses in amazon in established and emerging countries. We create delightful paying experiences by launching new payment methods for our customers world-wide.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Experience developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
- Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, Rails, C++ or C#
- Understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. PHP, Ruby, Perl)
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.