Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Finance team has people who are talented, bright, and driven. To build this rapidly growing business, you must be highly analytical and set high standards for accuracy and pace. This team is making history.
This position supports new region expansion. We develop strategies for infrastructure in new countries and we look 10+ years down the road. We do long term capital planning. You will help lay the foundation to grow AWS data center infrastructure.
Areas of responsibility include: 1) owning financial modeling for long-term infrastructure data center supply strategies; 2) evaluating, influencing and approving colocation vs. build decisions; 3) enhancing internal systems and automation that make our jobs easier or more inciteful; and 4) approving capital spend and updating financial models up to region launch, to reflect reality on the ground.
• Own data center costs in multiple new countries.
• Partner with AWS Infrastructure teams to provide strategic guidance on investments decisions.
• Perform discounted cash flow and P&L financial modeling, often under tight deadlines and lead executive-level discussions. Ensure internal stakeholders are aligned (e.g. Region Expansion PM, Real estate, Energy, Engineering, Construction, Networking, Legal, Tax, etc.)
• Help prepare region approvals and business reviews for senior management.
• Provide controllership and oversight of business decisions and approvals
• 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 3 years of finance experience
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, partner cross-functionally, and be self-motivated in a fast-paced and rapidly changing technology environment
• Solid business judgment and controllership focus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
• Strong excel modeling skills
• Familiarity with financial systems such as Cognos TM1 preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.