Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
“Alexa, find me a job where I can create and innovate.”
On the Alexa Voice Service team, you’ll build software to enable Alexa’s capabilities everywhere in speakers, appliances, wearables, robots, and more! We’re working with industry leaders to seamlessly integrate Alexa into any and all devices. It’s awesome, and will change the way millions of people interact with their homes, cars and even their workplace.
If you’re passionate about greenfield engineering opportunities and love to solve problems that have never been encountered before this is the job for you. If you have an insatiable thirst to learn you’ll absolutely love this job. Imagine working together with other teams to architect solutions that define how customers interact with Alexa. You’ll own your work from design to deployment, evangelize it and ensure its operational excellence in production.
Become a builder, an innovator, and game changer by joining the AVS team. Let’s build something special, and have a ton of fun doing it!
As a member of the team, you will:
• Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable; our primary language is Java
• Empower companies and developers from around the world to embed Alexa into their devices and products
• Participate in setting the technical vision for Alexa Voice Service in alignment with our Product team
• Design and implement features for new products, features, APIs, platforms and frameworks
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline
• Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, Python).
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Master’s/Doctorate degree in Computer Science or a related field
• 1-2 years’ full-time experience in software design and development.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems