Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are seeking a strong Software development Engineer to lead Amazon Delivery Experience worldwide. It is an incredibly innovative space since customers deeply care about the experience (e.g. speed, convenience, price) of how we deliver packages to them. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to literally change the world by delighting millions of customers.
This Engineer will be building the next generation shopping experience and systems in order to provide a world-class Delivery experience. You will be work on set of technologies (full-stack) leveraging AWS and common industry standards. As a member of our team, you will work closely with the business to design and implement new features. You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development life cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design and architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. You will develop highly scalable, low latency, intelligent software that will have a massive impact for customers. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
You should come to work with us because:
• You will be impacting millions of Amazon customers worldwide.
• You will join a strong engineering team and product managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• We care about both delighting customers and high quality software. We don’t sacrifice one for the other.
• We offer a fast-paced environment with a startup atmosphere. We move fast and take calculated risks.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience, or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• 1 year+ of professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Strong software design skills.
• A strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, such as algorithms and data structures.
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Excellent communications skills.
• Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
• Passion for solving complex and interesting problems
• Passion for driving great, simple, clean, efficient code
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience in working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.