Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Shopping Videos (ASV) is a fast-growing business focused on helping customers find inspiration, information, and entertainment through videos while shopping. We’re seeking a creative, industrious, customer-obsessed PM who is interested in joining a fun team with this big, growing, high-impact mission.
More than ever, shoppers around the world use video (both on-demand and live streams) to discover products, to research and make more informed purchase decisions, and to engage with creators and communities they trust. ASV works with video creators of all types, from selling partners, to professional creators, to influencers, to other Amazon customers who want to share their videos, enabling them to reach audiences.
We acquire the content, ensure its quality, then design and deliver the video discovery experiences, the playback experiences, and content strategies to give customers the right videos, in the right places, across all of Amazon.
Our team prioritizes a friendly, energetic, fun atmosphere that embraces big, complex opportunities that impact all of Amazon’s customers.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to imagine, plan, test and develop the product and content strategies that help to connect shoppers with on-demand and Live videos across the Amazon experience.
You will work closely with engineering, UX, marketing, data sciences, and other PMs to craft and manage the requirements and roadmap for crucial video distribution and content strategies, then measure and manage their success.
You will research and champion our customers’ needs, including shoppers, creators, and advertisers. You will leverage metrics, customer research, competitive analysis, and your own creativity to elevate the experience for our customers. You will own monitoring and reporting the success of your programs to executive management.
About the team
The Amazon Shopping Videos (ASV) team seeks to make Amazon the best place for customers to find their shopping videos. We focus on a wide array of video experiences, ranging from live streaming broadcasts from influencers to short, on-demand videos from sellers, publishers and even other customers. And behind-the-scenes, we work to grow our content catalog, improve our selection and ranking strategies, and optimize our business models. This broad scope makes for a challenging and fun charter, with a lot of complexity and impact across the whole company.
- 1+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience with product cycles of 6+ months
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience developing and/or designing online video discovery and/or playback experiences
• Past experience working in the digital mass media business, such as entertainment, communications, or information services.
• Experience working with video creators and/or user generated content
• Familiarity with video creator and influencer ecosystems, including on other retail sites, social media entities and/or video destinations.
• Experience with monetization strategies associated with digital content consumption
• Experience working collaboratively with UX designers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.