Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
We are seeking a Sales Operations Lead to partner with AWS Sales Leaders to define, land and execute against our strategic priorities. This role will drive predictability in reporting and analyzing business trends as well as participating in strategic planning for the business. The ideal candidate has broad technical skills, strong financial acumen and a deep analytic background to assist the Sales teams in creating efficiency, assessing performance and reporting & delivering results.
This position will be responsible for managing the rhythm of the business activities such as Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, and other cadenced reporting and metrics. The position will assist the Sales Managers in evaluating and forecasting attainment against quotas, utilizing various CRM tools to derive well-vetted analysis, and other ad-hoc requests and analysis as needed. This position will also be responsible for generating commission plans, managing the territory definitions and account movements, and calculating commissions.
This individual will need to collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional data teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results. This is a hands-on position – the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves”.
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS ASEAN Startup Sales organization, such as Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, and the Partner team. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
Key job responsibilities
- Define the key sales support systems/processes required to meet the rapid growth of the business and develop mechanisms that enable scale.
- Manage the development of continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services.
- Manage the monthly cadence of business reporting.
- Develop relationships and processes with sales, partner, finance, HR, sales operations, and other stakeholders to identify and address reporting issues.
- Assist Sales Managers in all aspects of evaluating their teams’ performance.
- Ensure accurate and timely sales commission calculations and payments.
- Identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
- At least 5 years of leading a divisional Sales Operations function or similar responsibilities supporting a mid-to-large scale multi-geographical hi-tech Sales Organization
- Experience in multiple organizational functions such as compensation, forecasting, organizational development, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- Strong financial, analytical and communication skills.
- Deep experience of Microsoft Office Suite required (extensive knowledge of Excel required)
- Excellent cross group collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology startup would be highly beneficial
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
What if I’m not an expert in all the above? That’s okay. We hire people who have a passion for learning, and are curious to build, learn and grow. You will be supported in your career development here at AWS. You will have plenty of opportunities to build your technical, leadership, business and consulting skills. This will include formal and on the job training, and a chance to learn and upskill through AWS certification courses and mentorship. You will learn from and collaborate with some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today. If you want to work with the best cloud technologies from the world’s leading cloud provider, apply now. We can’t wait to see what you build here. Come build the future with AWS.
CULTURE AND COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUITY
At AWS, we welcome all builders. We believe that technology should be built in a way that’s inclusive, accessible, and equitable. We’re committed to putting in the work for more equal representation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.