Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are looking for high caliber and tested Technical Program Managers to start a project with strategic significance and high exposure. In this role you will define scalable processes and frameworks leveraged by multiple cross-functional teams. You will apply both business and technical acumen in a fast-paced, ambiguous and innovative environment. Our ideal teammate possesses a natural curiosity, sharp analytical skills and is excited to pioneer on behalf of customers. This role requires hands-on project management skills, deep technical expertise, and excellent leadership skills. You will be responsible for collecting business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will also be responsible for setting project management standards and expectations and delivering large, cross functional projects.
If you enjoy dealing with high ambiguity, complexity and broad scope that will be at the epicenter of our initiative, come join us!
This position can be located in Seattle, Arlington, Santa Monica, Austin, Minneapolis, or virtual.
About the team
Buy with Prime is helping people reimagine the way they shop….wherever they do! Our vision is to enable every entrepreneur in the world to reach every customer in the world through every channel they can imagine. Buy with Prime is a new way to extend Prime shopping benefitsincluding fast, free shipping, a seamless checkout experience, and free returnsto merchants’ own online stores, ultimately increasing selection for Prime members. For over 20 years, Amazon been empowering small and medium-sized businesses with opportunities to grow. Buy with Prime is an exciting next step in our mission to help merchants of all sizes grow their businesswhether on Amazon or beyond.
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
- Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- First-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
- Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
- Strong bias for action and “get it done” attitude
- The ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and a changing environment, as well as a rapid work pace.
- A proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
- Fluency and comfort with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project.
- Project management, Process Improvement or Quality certifications desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to scope technical requirements and prioritize
- Masters in computer science or related technical discipline
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.