Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Business launched in 2015 to meet the business purchasing needs of commercial, government, education and non-profit customers of all sizes worldwide. Today, Amazon Business is loved by diverse customers in 9 countries worldwide (and growing). Business buy more than $1 trillion of products each year, ranging from staples to DNA sequencers, in the US alone. By 2021, Amazon Business has already reached $25 billion in sales and remains one of Amazon’s fastest growing segments. And we’re just getting started.
If you like solving complex challenges through words and delivering global solutions, this position is for you. We’re looking for a UX Writer who is a fierce advocate for the customerdistilling complex problems into simple, savvy communications. You tirelessly work to understand how customers think and speak to identify language that is both useful and natural. You collaborate with designers, product managers, researchers, and developers to craft solutions that are strategically sound. You quickly become the expert of your domain, proactively gathering research and data about the products and services to which you provide content to inform your decisions. You understand that content is a significant part of the customer experience, and work closely with design to ensure the text and visuals achieve a perfect harmony.
• Craft clear, concise UI text for the in-product experience on desktop and mobile
• Anticipate customer needs and write innovative and simplified solutions to customer issues
• Influence product strategy, driving mindful discussions with product managers, UX designers, engineers, and stakeholders
• Set standards and drive adherence to UX writing best practices
• Contribute to the professional development of colleagues across the UX team, improving their UX writing skills, knowledge, and best practices
• Several years of commercial experience as a UX Writer or similar role in an agency or in-house setting
• Must be proficient in English with exceptional US-based grammar and copywriting skills
• A web-based portfolio of relevant work samples with a UX focus; including problems you helped solve for, your contributions, and impact to the customer
• Experience with managing content style guides and working with design systems
• Strong bias for action including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Working knowledge of the design process and general UX design principles
• Comfortable working across multiple simultaneous assignments and operating autonomously in an ambiguous, start-up environment
• Proven ability to present to all levels within an organization, both verbally and in writing
• Can provide content solutions that scale for a global audience
#ConsumerDesignEMEA – check this tag to see more Design opportunities
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.