Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon has been innovating on behalf of customers since 1995. Consumer Payments has been innovating for customers offering them variety of payment options that they can choose from. Amazon operates globally expanding its services to new geographies encountering interesting problems to solve. Come join us as we innovate in payments domain.
We are hiring Software Development Engineers at all levels for a building new products as well incorporating new features in existing products. In this role you have the opportunity to build new microservices or bring fresh perspective to customer experience in Desktop and Mobile. Where applicable, you will use native AWS services to build these components that can scale up based on business necessities. You will also design appropriate monitors and alarms to detect outages and take part in team oncall to ensure that the product meets the high availability bar customers expect of Amazon.
This is a great opportunity to get on the ground floor of a team being setup to step change the customer experience in payments. Don’t let it pass by!
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 7+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 7+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 3+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science engineering or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline required or equivalent work experience
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- You must be obsessed with addressing customer needs