Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We’re focused on building the next generation of the Alexa Mobile App for mobile devices and are looking for talented developers. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge mobile product used every day, by people you know. We are looking for passionate, hard working software engineers who have experience building innovative, mobile applications that customers love.
- Mobile application software development, design and prototyping
- Architecture of front- and back-end scaling solutions
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing Android and iOS mobile apps
- Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Work closely with product and design teams to customize the Alexa experience on mobile devices
- Implement custom user interfaces using the latest mobile programming techniques
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 3+ years of experience building successful production software systems
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (BS, MS or PhD in CS)
- Experience with multi-threading and mobile device memory management
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
- Strong technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Experience with full-native, hybrid, and pure-web mobile app development
- 5+ years of object-oriented software development experience with focus on building complex applications for mobile platforms either on iOS or Android
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.