Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to build the next generation of refund processing platforms powering Amazon’s global retail business? Want to work with smart, dedicated engineers? Looking for opportunities that will help your career?
If so then this is the role for you!
At the heart of Amazon.com’s tremendous selection, world class shopping experience and fulfillment is the Ordering team. The software we write and the systems we own power the ability to order anything from a pin to a piano with the click of a mouse! Every aspect of Amazon’s retail business interacts with our systems. We’re the hub of Amazon’s massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture and we power millions of orders everyday.
As a software development manager within the e-Commerce Service Group at Amazon Seattle you will lead a team delivering the next generation of e-Commerce solutions that drive Amazon retail purchasing and refund processing.
The successful candidate will drive the planning, design, development, testing, deployment and operations for massively scalable services that power the worldwide Amazon retail experience. You will work with product and engineering leaders across the company to continuously improve the ordering platforms that power the consumer refund experience.
You must possess strong planning and organizational skills, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be self-driven and take pride in delivering high quality results in a fast paced environment.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 7+ years of experience in software management, or similar technical leadership roles
- 7+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent technical and people management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to coordinate and contribute to the design of systems within program space to include limitations, scaling, boundary conditions, and architectural decision making process
- Experienced in delivering products against plan in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed-responsibility and often ambiguous environment
- Proven experience in managing large scale enterprise projects
- Solid foundation in understanding service oriented architecture and service inter-dependencies that drive technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
- Experience solving challenging engineering problems with multiple constraints
- Experience managing the lifecycle of a complex cross-functional program with considerable impact
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $184,900 – $250,200 [yr]; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.