Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
This role is for a Senior Category Manager for GL BISS (Business, Industrial and Scientific Supplies) within A.in OHL team
About the Role:
Category Managers at Amazon have an end to end responsibility of the customer experience and growth of the category they have been assigned to. They work across partner teams to deliver customer delight by making a vast range of products available to the customer to discover, buy and consume, at the right prices and delivery commitments.
Category managers anticipate customer needs and incorporate them into the functional road map and will drive a major change or enhancement for customer experience influencing category needs based on their knowledge of competitive trends in the marketplace and other macro environment data.
The successful candidate for this high impact role will be a self-starter with a passion for independent problem-solving, have proven data analysis skills, and have strengths in stakeholder management and negotiations.
Key job responsibilities
Key deliverables of the role:
• Build a best in class customer experience for the category
• Build customer insights for the category that would feed into the roadmap to improve customer and seller experience
• Engage with key brands in the category to bring in exclusive selection, advertising revenues and customer offers
• Build a selection expansion roadmap optimizing for customer needs, sellout, freshness etc.
• Own quality metrics for the category and reduce customer contacts
• Be the functional leader in improving catalog quality and driving conversion/customer engagement improvement through catalog initiatives
• Own catalog quality and raise the bar by inventing new ways to communicate
The successful Category Manager must be able to:
• Act as the ‘business owner’ for his or her categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact our business
• Have a thorough understanding of the industry, trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
• Strong focus on customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to deliver a customer experience that is unparalleled
• Identify new opportunities, develop and execute project plans,
• Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
• Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet goals
• Demonstrated ability to take ownership and drive results
• Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
• Ability to think strategically and tactically, with excellent attention to detail
• Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
• Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential
• Bachelor’s degree and MBA required
A successful track record in the e-commerce industry / FMCG / offline retail / management consulting is preferred
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Experience in Retail business is preferred