Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
About Amazon Prime Video
“Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” Jeff Bezos
The Amazon Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. We are seeking an outstanding Business Intelligence Engineer to uncover key insights on how consumers watch videos on Amazon. As consumers increasingly consume digital video, we need to make agile decisions based on what content appeals to our customers. As an analytics expert at Amazon Prime Video, you will have the opportunity to work on one of the world’s largest consumer data sets, influence the long term evolution of our analytics capability and support the expansion of Amazon’s digital video business.
You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with content acquisition managers to develop and define key business questions, and to build models and data sets that answer those questions.
A day in the life
- A mindset of trying to find quantitative answers to any question is at the core of who will be successful in this role. An ideal analytics person loves a challenge!
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously to meet tight deadlines is expected
- This person in this role will be working closely with multiple functions & teams across Amazon with ample opportunities to both share what we are learning and learning from teams across the globe
- Recommendations made will be used to drive significant marketing decisions and a strong attention to detail is therefore needed
About the team
Prime Video Analytics is responsible for managing all data requirements for Prime Video India, including data warehousing & reporting, insight generation, advanced analytics and statistical modelling. This team supports Business, marketing Product & Finance functions for Prime Video India.
Basic qualifications For this role we require:
- At least 5 years of experience in analytical or business intelligence teams developing sound analytics-based solutions to business problems
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative discipline
- Familiarity with theory and practice of statistics, information retrieval and data mining.
- Demonstrated capability of extracting, transforming, and cleaning large (multi-TB) data sets.
- Experience in data mining and optimizing database query performance in SQL
- Experience in building dashboards and reports to surface business intelligence data
- Knowledge of visualization platforms like Tableau, Microstrategy, AWS QuickSight, or equivalent solutions
- Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills
- Proven interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams within Connectivity Solutions Group as well as other Amazon businesses.
- Strong written and verbal skills ability to present thoughts clearly in both verbal and written form to large cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical members and across hierarchy.
- Strong desire to push ideas into production, overcoming obstacles, in order to benefit Amazon’s customers.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and shifting priorities
We would prefer candidates with
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or related discipline
- Experience in scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Experience using statistical packages and business intelligence tools such as R, Python etc.
- Experience with AWS solutions Redshift experience a plus
- Experience building and analyzing models using various statistical tools for predictive modelling
- Familiar with theory and practice of machine learning