Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon CloudFront is looking for Software Development Engineers to help develop and operate cutting-edge features to delight customers and continue to scale to ever increasing heights. This is a unique opportunity to influence CloudFront technical direction as we build our next-generation Control Plane services.
CloudFront is a content delivery network that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment. Our customers use CloudFront for fast and secure delivery of web/application content, on-demand video/music streaming, and live events streaming.
The CloudFront Control Plane team is at the intersection of CloudFront core services and customer-facing APIs. Thus, there is the need and opportunity to impact both. Work on projects that will transform how people produce and consume content in the cloud. Help us build a world where all the computing power and content in the cloud perform as if they are right next to the customer.
Why should you join us?
- It is the right time to join. We are undertaking major transformation of our Control Plane services.
- This is a unique opportunity to truly influence one of the most scalable services on earth.
- It’s rare to work in a job that will have direct effect on billions of individuals, small startups up and Fortune 500 companies. Each second or millisecond saved per transaction results in millions or billions saved.
- 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, Rust, or C#
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.