Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries – all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon’s evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company’s DNA. The world’s brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in nine countries, including Retail, third party marketplaces, eCommerce platforms, web services for developers.
You will manage Product Assurance Compliance operation team (team size ~50) to support the retail teams at Amazon to ensure the compliance. The goal of the Product Assurance (PA) program is to ensure 100% of selection meets safety and regulatory standards to improve Customer trust and reduce their exposure to unsafe non-compliant products. Selling Partners(SPs) are held accountable for selling products that meet safety standards. You will interact directly with Amazon internal customers in Japan, as well as global functional team to streamline process, manage requirement changes and ensure high quality and service level.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage China and Japan product compliance operation teams and processes to ensure effective workflow.
- Implement best-in-class processes and practices for maintaining and exceeding productivity, quality and service level agreements.
- Actively and continuously improve workflow and resource management to ensure effective use of resources and adherence to service level agreements.
- Make resource plan and hiring plan to ensure we invest in right direction for the business.
- Analyze data and evaluate trends. Be able to build solutions with high efficiency and quality proactively in systematic way.
- Work with WW tech teams to articulate and prioritize feature needs for system and tools.
- Hire and develop talents for the operation team. Build career path that map with employees’ skill sets, and provide growth opportunities for future Amazon leaders.
- Lead or participate into local and global projects.
About the team
Product Assurance was approved as a program by Product Assurance, Risk and Security in March, 2020. Based on safety and risk ranking the first population identified for execution was the Toys GL and all Toys GL would be reviewed at the ASIN level. Global Product Safety and Compliance (GPSC) owns the operational tasks related to implementing this plan. The proposed plan includes:
-Gating new ASIN listings until required documentation is received and validated
-Obtaining documentation for existing ASINs sold in our store
• At least 5 years’ experience in Service delivery/technical support/operations/project management, ability to thrive within a fast-paced metrics driven environment
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in people management and complex metrics management
• Strong Analytical ability and with problem-solving skills.
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skill.
- Japanese speaker will be a big plus for the role
- Project Management experience
- Six Sigma/Kaizen certificate
- Experience on risk and compliance operations.