Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to work on exciting, cutting edge legal issues and help shape Amazon’s newest products and services? Come make history with Amazon’s Legal Department.
We are looking for a talented attorney with a background in consumer products, privacy, or marketing to provide dedicated product legal support for some of our most interesting products and services.
You will work directly with the business as lead counsel to develop, market, and distribute cutting-edge products and services, with duties including: advising on regulatory and compliance matters, privacy, intellectual property, marketing, and go-to-market strategy, and providing day-to-day input on business and strategy.
You will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways, and you will build processes that address risk and allow the business to move quickly. The successful candidate will be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and will demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
The attorney in this position will be based in either our Washington DC, Seattle, or Sunnyvale office locations.
About the team
Join our product counseling team, where you’ll learn from some of the foremost experts in this area, working on some of the most intersting legal challenges in tech. This growing and diverse team loves what they do and we hope you will too!
- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree and membership in one state bar
- 5+ years of legal experience
- 3+ years of experience in a top national or international law firm
- A mix of law firm and in-house experience
- Privacy, product, compliance, and regulatory experience
- Ability to work independently while contributing successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication, analytical, and computer skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.