Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
What do we do?
The Envision Engineering team helps customers solve their most interesting business challenges by rapidly developing innovative prototypes using world-class and open-source technologies. We’ve helped customers by using image recognition to find missing persons, Artificial Intelligence to optimize ride shares and Machine Learning to grade exam answers.
We are a team of problem-solvers and builders who work on customer problems that don’t have cookie-cutter solutions. We often don’t have the answers right away, and are expected to Dive Deep to figure out the best approach. The code we write provides immediate value for customers by showing how technology can solve their problems.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of an exceptional team of Product Managers and Engineers where collaboration is highly valued, where innovation is something that happens every day, where taking risks is encouraged, and every day is Day One. You will face unique challenges, learn from some of the brightest minds in the industry, and build deep expertise in the most sought after skills in the market. You will have the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest growing, customer obsessed, and innovative companies in the world.
Each project is greenfield innovation opportunity and runs approximately eight to ten weeks in length. These short innovation cycles will continually develop your engineering skills and provide a breadth of domain knowledge.
You’ll have access to a wealth of Amazon internal training, including instructor-led courses and talks from experts. This will give you the opportunity to become an expert, gaining valuable expertise in services used in Machine Learning, IoT, image recognition, chat bots, and big data. We will provide the environment and support to learn any new tools, libraries or frameworks.
What will you do?
- Feel a real sense of achievement from completing and delivering projects in less time than you thought possible
- Get hands-on with a range of technologies and practice a range of disciplines: back-end, front-end, full-stack, DevOps, machine learning engineer, and data scientist. We are curious generalists who don’t pigeon-hole ourselves as particular “flavours” of engineer and never say “that’s not my job”
- Collaborate with customers through full engagements; you’ll learn about their business challenges, rapidly and develop prototypes to solve them, showcase the functionality you’ve written in demos and finally see the difference you’ve made when customers deploy solutions into their production environments
- Work with the latest services and open-source technologies to build your prototypes. You’ll always be encouraged to pick the right tools for the job
As a valued member of AWS, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. We offer a flexible work environment to help you balance your work and personal life while still remaining customer obsessed.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- 7+ years of developer experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience developing production systems using modern programming languages and patterns
- Designed, built and implemented complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Master’s degree in math, computer science, engineering, or related field
- Experience using one or more machine learning and/or deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, MXNet, scikit-learn)
- Demonstrated passion for learning and self-improvement
- Experience mentoring software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective product software engineers
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Experience collaborating with customers to gather requirements and feedback
- Experience designing and implementing clean APIs following RESTful concepts and/or using GraphQL
- Familiarity with solution architecture especially designing solutions to complex problems that are reliable and maintainable
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.