Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s EU Direct Fulfillment (DF) Team is looking for a pro-active, result-oriented Senior Program Manager to join the Vendor Development Team. You will lead Direct Fulfillment Operations for Mainland Europe (MEU) for our largest vendors. This is a strategic, cross-functional position where you will liaise with Retail, Operations and Technology teams. You will be part of an all-star team of Vendor Dev Program Managers focusing on expanding Direct Fulfillment through faster speed, better availability and inventing & simplifying through mechanisms. You will lead program and process improvements, work across strategic projects while maintaining a strong focus on the customer. This role will serve as a key contributor to the future technology roadmap for driving continuous improvement and automation, as well as the long term vision of growth in EU Direct Fulfillment within Amazon’s Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) team. (Click here for a short informational video on SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot)
The team: Vendor Dev, EU DF Operations
• Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is on behalf of our customers, and surpassing their expectations is our passion. We improve customer experience through continuously optimizing complex movements of goods from vendors to customers throughout Europe.
• We are focused on EU Direct Fulfillment’s most complex problems, processes and decisions. We work with vendor warehouses, transportation (1P and 3P carriers), product teams globally (EU, NA, APAC and IN), finance and retail teams across the world, to improve our infrastructure and algorithms.
• We are obsessed about rethinking our advanced end-to-end supply chain to make our deliveries faster. Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find all the selection they are looking for, at availability and speeds that delight them.
The role: MEU Vendor Development
You will be responsible for driving the growth of the largest vendors in Mainland Europe (MEU), and will own the goals of speed, simplification and availability for these vendors. This is a role for a program and operations leader, passionate about delivering concrete improvements in customer experience and driving growth for our vendors & customers.
Key responsibilities include:
-Driving operational performance and autonomy for vendors in Mainland Europe (MEU), enabling them to deliver at a high bar autonomously (Hands Off The Wheel)
-Accelerating Fulfillment Speed by optimizing the end-to-end supply chain of vendors, carriers and order fulfillment systems
-Building long term relationships with operational and commercial leaders across the largest DF vendors in the Mainland Europe region
-Improving availability for all selection served through Direct Fulfillment vendors
-Inventing and Simplifying DF processes for our Vendors and internal stakeholders in EU Retail, Product, Finance and Operations
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Fluency in English is required, with a good command on written English, narrative style preferred
The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across the cross-matrixed and cross-functional organization
• Possesses excellent business and execution judgment, strong written and oral communication skills and a practical common sense approach to getting things done.
• The right candidate is entrepreneurial and thrives in an high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Proven analytical thinking, data management, ability to convert strategy to tactical operational plans, continuous improvement capability, sensitivity to details, and exceptional organizational skills.
• Advanced degree – MBA, MSC in supply chain, business administration, finance, or similar field would be advantageous
• Think Big high strategic acumen, with experience delivering high value strategic projects
• Problem-solving and the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented work environment
• Consultancy experience
• An additional European language is preferred but is not a must
Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which encourage colleagues to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn the trust of their co-workers. We believe that building a culture that is welcoming and inclusive is integral to people doing their best work and is essential to what we can achieve as a company. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to build a supportive and inclusive workplace. We take steps to ensure our colleagues have a sense of belonging, value, and opportunity. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits to all employees and we will support flexible work and part-time options wherever we can to suit your lifestyle. You can read more about Diversity and inclusion and the benefits we offer at aboutamazon.com
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.