Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s OpstechIT Tier-3 support team proactively drives the stability and sustainability of one of the largest Amazon’s Fulfilment Center(FC) network and leads innovative ways to optimize, automate and scale the Amazon network through this exciting time of accelerated growth for the organization and the network.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of technical leadership and success in driving complex issues to resolution, autonomously and/or collaboratively. The successful candidate will demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of networking, networking concepts and automation. They will have experience participating in proactive engineering, network optimization and operational network support for a large-scale service provider or enterprise environment. The successful candidate will be expected to provide high quality top-tier network escalation support for complex issues and drive the innovation for simplicity and sustainability of the Amazon’s Fulfilment Center Network worldwide. As a technical leader he/she will manage complex stakeholder relationships with both technical team and management. A passion for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology is required. High level of ownership and bias-for-action is required to be successful in this role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers in the industry while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the fastest growing most innovative and progressive technology companies in the world.
The ideal candidate is highly autonomous; detail oriented and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will have significant experience of supporting large scale, service provider or enterprise class networks.
• Provide on-shift network escalation support for critical and complex network issues
• Dive Deep on the high severity incidents and participate in root cause analysis
• Automate select network administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
• Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products
• Partner with our broader Technical operations organization to reduce operational burden
• Support in organizational transformation from reactive to proactive with focus on predictiveness
• Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes
• Drive and support innovation for operational excellence. Identify and implement operational efficiency through tools and process optimization
• Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies
• Monitor and manage technical communications during large-scale events
• Identify and dive deep on recurring issues and recommend preventative solutions
• Create and review documentation and process regarding issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
• Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
• Complete customer requests via trouble ticketing system
• Participate in hiring and developing the best
• Follow the existing change policies and create, review and execute complex changes. Develop and maintain change templates
• Be a part of Global support organization that provides 7X24 escalation support on shift rotation basis. Some night and week end support may be required
Key job responsibilities
Design and pilot test new solutions and ensure seamless integration of this solution in to operations
A day in the life
80% time is spent on project work and 20% time is spent on Incident management
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s degree based on 3 years professional experience for every 1 year of education
• 8+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments
• Knowledge and experience with LAN/WAN infrastructure
• Knowledge and experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS
• Knowledge and experience with network security and various secured VPN technologies
• Knowledge and experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos
• Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment, DNS and DHCP
• Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming
• Knowledge in various end user devices and their network interactions
• Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
• Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work towards resolution
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• CCIE (lab) or equivalent certifications