Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you aspire to be a world class Network Engineer, and learn from experts in the field? Would you like the opportunity to support the world leader in both online retail and cloud computing? The Network Operations team is looking for highly motivated individuals to support the day to day operations of our global network infrastructure, and drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation network as it continues to grow. Maybe it’s youtaking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas and changing the way millions of people do something.
The Network Operations team is responsible for maintaining the health of Amazon’s Retail and Web Services network. This team plays a critical role in responding to operational changes in the network, determining root cause, and working with internal teams and external vendors/ISPs with the goal of returning to a fully operational state. Additionally, the Network Operations team is responsible for performing changes to maintain the reliability of the network as it scales.
• Responsible for first response to monitoring systems alarms, and works to stabilize impact as quickly as possible across the Amazon network
• Troubleshoot routing and interconnectivity problems including troubleshooting of network device hardware failures
• Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform problems
• Collaborate with internal teams to diagnose problems, and return devices/configurations to a healthy state
• Escalate to external vendors (Cisco, Juniper, etc) to diagnose problems and facilitate part replacement
• Work with ISPs to diagnose problems between Amazon’s network and their infrastructure.
• Provide support in large scale events
• Focus on the needs of the customer in all change scenarios
• Determine requirements, then write, review and execute changes safely
• Drive standards across the network, and ensure that we are fully compliant to standards and policies.
• Work with invested teams to scope change work and deliver to a deadline
• Look for automation opportunities in troubleshooting and administration tasks
• Work with System Developers to scope tools that meet the Network Operation team’s needs.
• Create and review documentation for processes and troubleshooting best practices
• Identify simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes
• Perform interviews for entry level positions
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s degree
• 3+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
• 3+ Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
• 3+ Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
• 3+ Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
• 3+ Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.
• Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
• Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.