Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
AWS Commerce Platform is seeking a talented Technical Program Manager to manage the operation of a wide range of Commerce Platform services within specialized AWS Regions that support government customers. AWS offerings such as EC2, EBS, S3, ElastiCache, EMR, Aurora, and RedShift are massively scaled services that make up a critical piece of the internet. Commerce Platform processes trillions of events per month from AWS services such as these to provide bill generation, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer usage, and analytics to both AWS customers and internal users. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we work closely with other AWS teams to ensure our customers are provided with a great experience.
The successful candidate will enjoy managing programs to deliver valuable features that exceed stakeholder expectations, and have outstanding analytical skills and excellent communication. You will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment, and are comfortable interacting with highly technical software and operations teams. You should be somebody who is passionate about process improvements with experience or a strong interest in large scale distributed services. You should enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. Ideally, you will have a technical background in programming and software operations, and in depth experience managing strategically important initiatives against a schedule.
Key job responsibilities
• Manage the lifecycle of complex cross-functional technology initiatives.
• Unblock teams and increases the speed of delivery. – Negotiate resources and priorities.
• Escalate effectively.
• Able to find a path forward in difficult situations.
• Make trade-offs between short-term needs vs. long-term needs.
• Actively mentor/develop others.
A day in the life
• Work with stakeholders to understand their problems you will help solve
• Work with Product Managers on reviewing and prioritizing requirements for your team
• Work with your team on the quality and timeliness of their delivery
About the team
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 8+ years of experience working on a software development team as an engineer, TPM, or engineering manager
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
• 8+ years in project and program management
• 8+ years delivering products against plan in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed-responsibility and often ambiguous environment
• 5+ years working on multiple programs at once
• Strong understanding of the complete software development life cycle with an appreciation for maintaining a high quality bar with low operational overhead.
• Strong technical and problem-solving skills
• Confident leader who can prioritize and analyze tradeoffs, communicate clearly and compellingly and effectively influence internally and externally, across organization boundaries.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to independently influence and resolve conflicts with others
• Inquisitive with technical and business skills to understand, test, and challenge while working harmoniously with the business and technology owners
• Drives effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
• Ability to apply critical thinking in complex situations; experience working in cross functional groups including mechanical Engineering, test, reliability, failure analysis
• The ability to face external and internal customers in a professional and mature manner.
• An approach that starts from the end customer and works backwards.
• Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools.
• Experience in delivering Amazon-scale systems.
• An understanding of distributed and service-oriented architectures.
• Program managed rollout and operations of large scale commercial enterprise software systems or large scale online services.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.