Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
- Develop dynamic front-end web applications and the backend APIs that power them
- Design and code new RESTful APIs (Python) that support both web and programmatic callers
- Build natively on AWS, using serverless technologies (CloudFront, API Gateway, Lambda)
- Create backend systems that scale by leveraging NoSQL databases (DynamoDB)
- Raise the bar on quality, security, performance, scalability, usability and operations
- Stay abreast of developments and trends in Cloud architectures, web dev and programming languages
- Support the Region Services organization mission through the creation of tooling for AWS region builds, service expansion and feature tracking
- Establish relationships across development teams to programmatically integrate our services with other teams’ APIs
The Team: We are one of the dev teams within Region Services that works on the tooling that helps us deploy and track services to every AWS region around the globe. This team will have the opportunity to work on highly visible projects that directly impact hundreds of other teams at Amazon.
We need developers who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. Developers at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
Join a team of super smart, customer obsessed Developers that like to have fun in a start-up like environment.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
1-3 years professional experience in commercial/large scale system software development and delivery.
Experience with building dynamic web applications and the APIs that power them (React, Redux, NodeJs, and/or Angular).
Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems and microservices, algorithms, and databases.
Strong communications skills; you will be required to proactively engage fellow Amazonians both inside and outside of your team.
Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
Ability to synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.