Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Workplace Investigations eXcellence Engine (WIXE) team’s goal is to guarantee worldwide excellence in all kinds of investigations conducted by a People Experience & Technology (PXT) team and concerning Amazon employees. We aim to establish Amazon as the global benchmark in workplace investigations.
Do you want to be part of Amazon’s journey to be the Best Employer on Earth and do you have what it takes to lead the charge on setting the highest standards and continuously raise the bar on investigation processes and investigators’ capabilities?
The Workplace Investigations Quality Assurance Lead will be an integral member of a central team established to create mechanisms and coordinate activities to assure quality standards are consistently applied by teams executing workplace investigations across the world. This includes developing and driving standardization of processes and methodologies across geographies; building systems that enable the ongoing monitoring and intelligence gathering on workplace investigation activities; performing risk assessment to identify audit targets, conducting audits, and producing audit reports detailing findings, potential solutions, and recommendations; developing and maintaining audit tools; identifying, validating and driving the adoption of best practices; ensuring that investigators are adequately trained.
Key job responsibilities
• Accountable for reviewing the work of teams responsible for internal investigations to ensure the investigations meet the highest possible standards, adhere to internal policy and regulations and achieve the appropriate outcome.
• Maintains robust audit and quality oversight plans and contributes to the QA strategy.
• Identifies areas of greatest risk, through intelligence gathering (e.g., data trends, identified quality issues, regulatory intelligence), to proactively and accurately address and complete risk-based QA assessments and influence the implementation of robust remediation strategies.
• Establish mechanisms and processes for ongoing monitoring of the adherence of investigations to the defined quality standards, including triggers to initiate reviews and assessments.
• Work with our internal systems team to develop the technology infrastructure needed to support ongoing workplace investigations quality monitoring efforts.
• Efficiently follow up and verifies that corrective actions are appropriate, are implemented as planned and have the intended effectiveness.
• Demonstrates the practical knowledge of current and emerging global guidelines and regulations, relevant regulatory approaches and actions and status of competitor/similar products/projects to effectively develop and advance QA strategies.
• Drive continuous improvement of core processes.
• Detect coaching needs and take actions in accordance with these needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of demonstrable and proven experience with an investigator role, mostly on HR related matters
• 2+ years of demonstrable and proven experience leading investigation on complex and high visibility cases, mostly on HR related matters
• Experience working in case management or other investigators’ tooling/systems
• Experience training and supporting peer investigators or new hire investigators
• Basic understanding of quality assurance and continuous improvement tools and methodologies
• Employment law degree
• Previous experience in quality assurance
• Certificate in quality assurance is a plus
• Experience using Salesforce
• Experience in warehouse, customer service, or multi-location HR support
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $103,800.00 – 160,000.00 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act and is only specific to Colorado. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.