Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We’re working to be the most customer-centric company, and strive to be the best employer on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
We are looking for a Recruiting Manager to provide the overall management and direct, and indirect, leadership to a team of talented professionals in charge of sourcing and recruiting new hires for the Public Sector Business in LATAM.
The Recruiting Manager will partner with the business teams to focus on both strategy and execution of meeting increasing hiring goals while focusing on developing the team. Bring your recruiting industry expertise, passion for client service and commitment to viable talent strategy to Amazon Web Services, where you will be empowered to deliver world-class innovation and solutions and given the opportunity to grow partner relationships.
Key job responsibilities
- Build hiring plans based on demand & capacity for Public Sector business to meet increasing hiring needs for both HVH (high volume hiring) and specialized positions for different countries in LATAM. Roles are a blend between Tech and Non-Tech positions.
- Lead initiatives within the team to proactively build diverse candidate pools while leveraging all available talent channels.
- Work closely with business leaders to influence and deliver quality assessment and high touch candidate experience through all aspects of the recruitment funnel by educating and advocating for Amazon best practices.
- Inform global teams on sourcing best practices and to help those team deliver the right results for the business to achieve their talent demand goals each year.
- Candidate management during the last step of the process by extending and negotiating offers, and triggering onboarding processes.
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management; conducts in-depth interviews of potential candidates, demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high offer-to-interview ratios.
- Partner with key stakeholders (Business Leaders, Hiring Managers, HR Business Partners and Finance Partners) to determine future talent needs and set and drive enabling sourcing strategies; this requires a deep understanding through extensive market research of the channels where we can find the best, diverse talent who fit our technical and cultural demands.
- Build, engage, manage and develop a team of high-performing staff in an extremely fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Set team performance goals and metrics, timelines and a formal tracking process to measure and manage progress.
- Develop and execute to plans to identify and drive productivity improvements that enable the team to deliver to hiring goals without having to scale deployed resources at a rate faster than the business is growing.
- Periodically lead and/or participate in cross-business/cross-company special projects and initiatives related to talent acquisition.
- 8+ years of recruitment/HR experience in a Corporate in-house or Staffing environment with high volume hiring (100 requisitions open at the same time, at least)
- 1+ years experience managing and coaching a recruiting team of direct or indirect reports.
- Experience negotiating and extending offers to candidates, and managing relocation processes.
- Strong client focus and commitment to continuous improvement; ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships.
- Experience in diving deep into metrics and presenting weekly progress to hiring managers.
- Must pursue conscious cost-containment efforts in recruiting, continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates to the customer.
- Strong communication, organizational, and negotiation skills, with a keen focus on delivering business results.
- Ability to execute recruiting strategy – including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management.
- Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
- Possess strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team.