Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Amazon Business team is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager. Amazon Business (AB) is a marketplace on Amazon.com that combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits that address the needs of businesses. We launched on Amazon.com on April 28th 2015. In June 2016, we publicly announced that we generated over US $1B in revenues in the first 12 months and grown to a US $15B revenue company as of 2020. Our customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer base. You will be part of a team that is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience – from the visual interface to the back end services. Our systems need to meet remarkably high standards of quality, performance and reliability, operating around the clock on a massive scale.
Key job responsibilities
You will be part of a team that is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience – from the visual interface to the back end services. Our systems need to meet remarkably high standards of quality, performance and reliability, operating around the clock on a massive scale. You are a talented, detail, oriented and enthusiastic QAE who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about the new cutting edge technology offered to consumers.
QAEs build automated frameworks, tools, tests and infrastructure to help drive software quality.
QAEs work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation.
QAE also work with SDETs to understand and the test automation needs of the team and build the necessary infrastructure.
QAEs should effectively collaborate with groups such as Product Management, User Interaction, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests and driving the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies.
QAEs measure the latency and ensure a seamless experience is provided to our customers
A day in the life
A typical day will consist of standard team stand-ups, collaborating with stakeholders, understanding requirements and testing the software to meet high quality bar for seamless customer experience. You will help peers to resolve blockers, discuss quality with your stakeholders and devise mechanisms to raise the quality bar. You also have opportunity to mentor the junior members of the team and help them grow professionally.
About the team
Amazon Business Tech QA team is highly diverse team and has skills ranging from developing scalable test frameworks with a wide adoption across Amazon, innovate tools to solve recurring challenges, front end software development to data architecture and analytics. You get access to a seasoned leader and Sr. SDETs and QAEs who go the extra mile to guide and remove roadblocks for faster turnaround. The team is located out of Hyderabad and is growing at a fast pace.
- 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in manual testing
- Experience in automation testing
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Five or more years of QAE experience
- Ability to translate use cases and/or technical specifications into test cases
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
- Effectively Communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results
- Strong knowledge of Agile or Scrum development methodologies
- Ability to perform and track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results
- Capable of digging into the business needs and translating them into test plans and processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .