Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
One focus area of the Amazon Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) mission is to provide tools, resources, and environments that support safe, efficient, healthy behaviors and encourage employees to proactively manage their health and wellbeing. To support this focus area, Amazon is seeking a full-time WHS Specialist (WHSS) to serve as a designated representative for their assigned building coordinating and implementing all areas of the Amazon Global Program as directed by the leadership. The WHSS promotes a positive culture while complying with Amazon standards and maintaining a safe work environment. This includes conducting trainings and coaching associates on observed work habits.
The WHSS is required to maintain accurate daily, weekly, and monthly metrics to report to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems. The WHSS supports management’s efforts to ensure compliance with all corporate Program expectations and applicable federal & state laws. The WHSS also conducts risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. In addition, the WHSS is responsible for recommending appropriate risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomics. Candidate must be willing to work any shift, based on availability. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain accurate daily, weekly, and monthly metrics to report to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems
- Support management efforts to ensure compliance with all corporate program expectations and applicable federal and state laws
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions
- Responsible for recommending appropriate risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomics
- Available to work flexible shifts including days, nights and/or weekends
- High school or equivalent diploma
• Knowledge of OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 1910
• Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel in a professional capacity
• Experience maintaining confidentiality in matter involving security and/or personnel issues in the workplace
Must have one of the following:
• A minimum of 1 year in an environmental Health & Safety (EHS) related field
• A Bachelor’s degree in EHS-relevant background
• 6 months experience performing in a safety-related role within Amazon
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a safety related field
- Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment, and customer focus skills
- Experience leading and managing a team ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses
- Experience in emergency response and currently holds First Aid and CPR certificates
- Experience in workers compensation case management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.