Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to support its UK business operations and wider European projects.
The ideal candidate should have significant UK tax experience, and have strong project management skills to allow them to work well with other tax, accounting and business teams on cross-functional projects.
This role will primarily focus on corporate tax matters but it is helpful to also have an awareness of withholding tax, indirect tax and transfer pricing issues.
Key job responsibilities
- Assess and communicate how existing or future tax laws and regulations will impact the business.
- Review HMRC / HMT consultations and assess impact on business and set out recommendations for tax leadership or business approval.
- Assist with managing relationship with UK tax authorities, including regular meetings and correspondence
- Assist business tax teams with UK specific issues or guidance on cross-functional business projects.
- Review of UK financial statements, tax returns and other documents.
A day in the life
Every day will be different. You could spend the morning preparing for meetings with the UK tax authorities with the VAT and Customs teams and then the afternoon modelling the corporate tax and DST impact of different business decisions and helping the business to understand the various pros and cons.
- Professional tax or accounting qualification (e.g. CA, ACA, ADIT, CTA or similar).
- Strong UK corporate tax experience, either in Big 4 or industry.
- Expertise in international tax planning and good understanding of or practical experience with international tax laws.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented individual who is self-motivated and takes ownership of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams and partner well with people at all levels within an organization.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, informal, and often ambiguous and rapidly changing business environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.