Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are open to this role sitting in Palo Alto, NYC, or Austin!
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutionsincluding sponsored, display, video, and custom adsleverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
Amazon Publisher Services (APS) helps publishers of all sizes increase monetization and yield. APS provides exclusive access to Amazon marketing spend and extends our cloud-based platform technology to enable publishers to maximize revenue opportunity across devices and media channels while improving user experience. The end result is an Amazon product that lets publishers focus on what they do best: publishing.
Our Web engineering team focuses on product suites that empower web publishers to quickly build and grow thriving businesses through maximizing revenue, improving user experience, and gaining deeper insights into their audience.
We’re looking for an engineer who gets excited by the idea of creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of our organization whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years. If this is you, come make the internet better with us.
- Think big, bringing fresh ideas and interactions optimizes for a healthier publisher ecosystem.
- You take a long-term view of architecture, proactively fixing deficiencies and/or proposing larger projects.
- You understand the business impact of your systems and show good judgment when making technical trade-offs.
- You are a key influencer in team strategy.
- You bring perspective and provide context to guide future technology choices.
- Your code submissions and approach to work are exemplary. You write software that is easy for others to contribute to.
- You drive engineering best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards.
- When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus).
- You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices.
- You ensure your team is stronger because of your presence, but does not require your presence to be successful
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- MS or Ph.D. in a science or engineering discipline
- Hands-on experience with advertising technologies like Real-Time Bidding (RTB)
- Knowledge of ad tech entities like DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, Publishers, and Advertisers
- A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Experience with agile software development
- A passion for mentorship
- Self-directed, flexible, goal-oriented and strong sense of ownership
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; experience presenting complex technical information succinctly to technical and non-technical audiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us