Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is looking for a smart and driven Junior Instock Manager (12 months contract) to join our Amazon Fresh team in Spain, committed to improving the way Spanish customers shop products in a Consumables/Grocery setting.
As Junior Instock Manager, you will drive improvement in inventory availability, increase inventory efficiency, selection growth and improve purchasing processes.
As an important member of the group, you will be part of a young, dynamic and international team. You will develop your project management skills and will learn to convince various stakeholders while driving challenging changes. Focusing on customer experience as the ultimate end-goal, you will push your analytical skills to the limit. As you become embedded in the day to day team operations, you will learn hands-on what the key drivers are for success in the e-commerce business.
Key job responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
• Drive system and process improvements in working with vendors on order management, vendor operations, forecast generation and inventory management.
• You will participate in the management of ongoing projects and present recommendations for process changes based on solid data analysis with the goal to improve the customer experience on our sites.
• Work with engineering teams across Amazon to optimize systems, such as those that generate forecasts and manage orders.
• You will actively be part in launching new ideas and being the point of contact between various stakeholders and teams, both in Spain and across the world, managing the project expectations.
• You will support the retail team by monitoring our business indicators and providing data sets and analytical support to them, maximizing automation to increase productivity.
• You identify the flaws in our processes and come up with action plans to correct them.
A day in the life
• Audit forecasting and ordering systems
• Work with our vendors to increase product availability
• Run projects to improve inventory management processes
• Work with engineering teams to launch new features
About the team
A dynamic and young team, eager to innovate and delight our customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Statistics, Business Administration, Supply Chain or Finance.
• 6 months to 2 years of professional experience influencing internal and external stakeholders
• Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills
• Proficiency with Excel and data analysis
• Strong business judgment, written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
• Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Operates as a team player, likes to have fun at work, and has a positive attitude
• SQL experience
• Experience with purchasing or inventory management in e-commerce or retail
• Experience leading projects to improve processes
• Comfort with ambiguity; demonstrated track record of creative problem solving
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.