Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The builders team build specific assets/accelerators to support customers in their cloud journey. Builders focus on delivering customer value by reducing the complexity and expertise required to build and operate on AWS.
You will get to solve problems across customers in different industries and verticals such as retail, automotive, industrial, etc.
We look for Program leaders that are obsessed with customer success, passionate about simplification and excited to dive deep into the growth opportunity of delivering new way for customers to embed in their digitalization.
Key job responsibilities
A Technical Program Manager (TPM) is responsible for the end to end delivery of a product. Responsibilities are cross functional as they include (but not limited to) application software, cloud capabilities, beta, marketing/sales, etc.
TPMs need to not only excel in operating at a strategic level but also need to understand when to dive deep to keep the project on track.
Specifically, TPMs must set the bar on the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines. Along with that, they need to clearly and concisely communicate, both verbally and in writing, with senior management on status, risks and required mitigations to maintain project commitments.
TPMs are expected to support the team in making appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
About the team
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical field. Preference is for candidates to have a Computer Science degree.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in technical program in a consumer electronics environment. With specific experience in defining projects, collecting requirements, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets
- Experience as technical program management lead in end-to-end development and shipping of consumer electronic products
- Experience launching consumer products from end to end
- Able to travel 10% time domestically and internationally
- Knowledge of hardware development process and life cycle
- Excellent technical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience managing large scale hardware/software product releases
- Preferred great communication skills both written and oral
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.