Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you excited about driving business growth for millions of sellers through application of Data Science, Machine Learning and other advanced computer science disciplines? Do you thrive in a fast-moving, large-scale environment that values data-based actions, robust engineering, and sound scientific practices? We’re looking for a proven Data Engineer who can take the Advertising teams to the next level. Our ideal candidate has the technical chops to translate data insights into innovative designs and has the drive and desire to help raise the data engineering bar across all the engineering teams.
In this role, you will work closely with scientists, software engineers, stakeholders, and product teams across Amazon to drive large cross-org innovations and project delivery activities.
As a Data Engineer you will be working in one of the world’s largest and most complex data warehouse environments. The team will look to you for advice on analytical and business issues facing them. You work very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things. You will have a company-wide view of the analytical solutions that you build, and you will consistently think in terms of automating or expanding the results company-wide. This high impact role will have an opportunity to design and build our data infrastructure from the ground up, work with emerging technologies such as Redshift, Andes, Datanet, Cradle & QuickSight, while driving business intelligence solutions end-to-end: business requirements, workflow instrumentation, data modeling, ETL, metadata, reporting, and dashboard development. He/she should be an expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing applications. The role requires someone who loves data, understands enterprise information systems, has a strong business sense, and can manage to put these skills into action.
Key job responsibilities
• Conduct deep dive investigations into business problems, identify potential opportunities and formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to senior management
• Design and implement data driven frameworks to assist with meeting and improving our compliance regulations
• Support and demand your team to meet critical milestones
• Own the design, development and support a scalable, reliable infrastructure for Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence and maintain data pipelines using various technologies (e.g. AWS Redshift, Amazon Internal ETL tools) to drives computing key business metrics
• Own the design, development of reports and dashboards using various technologies (e.g. QuickSight, Amazon Internal Reporting tools) to allow internal teams (technology, product management, operations teams) to understand issues and identify actions to be taken to solve these business problems
• Identify ways to automate data pipelines and dashboards through smarter software systems
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields
• 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data Engineering, Database Engineering, Business Intelligence Engineering
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing
• Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift.
• Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects without supervision
• Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
• Demonstrated industry standards in the fields of Database and/or Data Warehousing, Data Sciences and Big Data processing
• Experience providing technical guidance to other engineers for best practices on Data Engineering
• Deep understanding of data, application, server, and network security
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Advanced knowledge and expertise with Data modelling skills, Advanced SQL with Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases
• Experience with AWS service QuickSight
• Experience with Media Rating Council regulations
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.