Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
It’s no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages everyday to its customers – on time, with low cost. With Amazon Freight, Shippers can tap into Amazon’s world class middle mile transportation solutions for their own freight needs. Amazon Freight is building a disruptive transportation product with the vision of redefining shipping for its customers. The Amazon Freight Pricing team is looking for a Senior Program Manager to join our Truckload team.
Location Options for this role are: Bellevue, WA; Nashville, TN; Atlanta, GA
Key job responsibilities
As a Senior Program Manager on the Amazon Freight Pricing team, you will work on large-scale, cross-functional initiatives across network planning, operations, product management, and sales to drive improvements to Amazon Freight’s pricing capabilities. You will be responsible for ensuring excellent operational performance of the pricing capabilities of the business, as well as executing short- and long-term programs which allow us to meet the highest expectations of our customers on reliability and logistics price competitiveness. Additionally, you have a high degree of ownership over core business metrics, goals, and outcomes on the price effectiveness of the business. You will dive deeply into data and technical domains in this role, and will build and manage effective mechanisms to influence stakeholders and deliver results. If you enjoy building something from scratch, working in a fast-paced environment, and putting structure to ambiguous problems, this is a great role for you.
A day in the life
On a daily basis, expect to work in a fast-paced environment requiring you to lead not only strategic initiatives on improving the pricing efficacy of the business but also diving deeply into business and technical domains to understand the business and industry drivers and generate pricing insights and recommendations that propel the growth of Amazon Freight.
About the team
The Amazon Freight Pricing team is an internal strategy and program team. We act as thought leaders on the team, and work to answer and solve for strategic opportunities facing the business. We work cross-functionally and partner closely with Sales, Operations, Product, Technology and stakeholder teams to deliver results, and we own leveraging and optimizing cutting edge pricing and costing technologies which allow shippers to reliably lower their overall freight costs, while taking advantage of Amazon’s unparalleled service.
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of industry experience in technical leadership and project management.
- Experience with Excel
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically while remaining hands-on.
- Prior experience with agile methodologies and a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze business requirements, write specifications, scope technical requirements, and drive delivery across organizational boundaries.
- Track-record of effective collaboration with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and lead the resolution of blocking issues.
- Strong focus on customers and operational excellence.
- Proficient in distributed systems and software services.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.