Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you looking for that next big Finance opportunity? Looking for a business partnering role with full P&L responsibility? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Come join Amazon Web Services Finance!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world.
AWS Finance seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to support AWS Internet of Things (IoT), a portfolio of services that connect data from physical devices, from devices in connected factories to connected home products like security cameras. This position will work closely with senior finance management and key business partners to drive product/service pricing, cost and capital expenditure optimization, financial planning, decision support, and controllership.
Key job responsibilities
• Support AWS IoT P&Ls and influence business decisions that drive revenue and/or capital expenditures
• Take the lead in financial planning and analysis; build and maintain complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance, including short and long range financial/operational forecasts, and communicate results to senior management
• Support modeling efforts for pricing decisions and cost savings initiatives
• Maintain controllership of the business: ensure all financial fundamentals are correct and accurate, such as billing, cost allocation, and financial presentation
• Analyze new business ideas, make analytical judgments, and provide data intensive analyses to drive meaningful change
A day in the life
A typical day in IoT Finance will include a number of activities such as:
1. Presenting a document you prepared on your services’ AWS infrastructure spending where you have segmented costs and pointed out variances from expectation that represent opportunity. You have found one particular item that looks promising and have calculated cost savings from a hypothetical 10% reduction in usage.
2. You are preparing an monthly business review document for your service and notice a large amount of usage and revenue coming from a new customer. You engage Product Management to understand the customer’s use case and see if this represents a new opportunity with similar customers.
About the team
IoT Finance is a team of dedicated professionals who provide analytical and controllership support for a key AWS investment area. Our work supports AWS IoT’s mission of bringing the scaling advantages of the cloud to data from physical devices.
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field
• MBA preferred
• Financial modeling, P&L management and/or analysis experience
• Experience in cube engine tools (e.g. TM1, Cognos or Essbase), Data Warehouse and SQL a plus
• P&L management experience
• Ability to understand multiple business dimensions and draw inferences by connecting various inputs
• Experienced in working with business partners and multiple stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.