Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Would you enjoy broad yet equally deep scope that impacts all AWS systems globally? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to build massively scalable systems that are used by the world’s largest cloud infrastructures? AWS Vetting continues to pioneer and our team is architecting, building and operating scalable services that are at the core of AWS infrastructure.
Who do we do: Our software teams develop the platforms and tools that ensure the health of AWS hardware by testing every new and rebuilt system across all AWS data centers.
What you will do: Our developers lead large-scale projects that set the bar for Amazon and the industry in platform level service, effectively enabling the hardware at scale by designing and developing the software that manages the verification and testing of every server in AWS. In this role you will be building the next generation of platform level software. You regularly work with senior AWS leadership to plan for the future.
Why it’s high-impact: Our systems ensure that AWS customers can get the healthy server capacity they need within an SLA.
What’s the challenge: Our space is fast-moving, and has a large number of ambiguous and difficult challenges. Our projects require deep technical and software expertise and the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company. You will be responsible for identifying solutions, trying ideas, given space to fail and iterate to produce products that your customers love.
Who would succeed in this role: Deeply technical engineers, who stay close to the customer as well as the systems architecture and design. A person who works autonomously and dives deep in to a problem to deeply understand how things work, when to make subtle change, and when to disrupt the status quo to achieve the right results.
- Own, design, build, and deploy on large scale and high-impact projects
- Mentor more junior engineers
- Drive operational excellence
- Contribute to and lead design, architecture, process and development discussions
- Argue for the right outcomes with data, conviction and diplomacy
Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- MS in computer science or related technical field
- 4+ years of experience in driving systems development projects from inception to delivery.
- Experience writing clear and detailed software design documents
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us/ .