Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new products and feature in the coming year. Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
About the role:
Love data? Love music? The Amazon Music team is looking for a brilliant, creative, and passionate Business Intelligence professional to join our Data, Insights, Science and Optimization (DISCO) team.
Our ideal candidate has a combination of strong technical skills, superb analytical capabilities, outstanding business insight, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with one of the largest and most complex data warehouses in the world to gather insights using data from across Amazon. You will work closely with the product business and engineering teams to solve unique problems and find answers to questions that require tenacious problem solving and creativity.
Data-driven decision making is at the core of Amazon’s culture, and your work will have a direct impact on decision making and strategy for the Amazon Music Team.
- Collaborate with product, growth, engineering, marketing, and finance teams to understand their business objectives
- Design and execute descriptive and inferential analyses to inform these business objectives while balancing the speed and depth of insights
- Support product and growth experimentation by leading experiment design and interpretation of results
- Develop and maintain Tableau dashboards and visualizations to inform critical business decisions at various levels of Amazon Music
- Proactively develop new metrics and studies to quantify customer behavior contributing to product and marketing strategy
- Partner with Data Engineering team to enhance data infrastructure, data availability, and broad access to customer insights
• BS degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Econometrics, or other quantitative field
• 2+ years of professional experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science or comparable fields
• Highly skilled at querying relational databases (SQL) and ability to pull data from various sources
• Proficiency with at least one analytics languages such as R, Python
• In-depth experience with web analytics tools and analyzing online customer behavior
• Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
• Passionate about understanding customers and their behavior
- Masters in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, or other quantitative field
- Experience with relational database design and architecture
- Music industry experience
- A passion for music!