Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s North American Customer Fulfillment (NACF) Finance is looking for a Finance Manager to be the trusted finance partner for multiple fulfillment centers supporting operational and functional leaders. Amazon operates the most complex retail networks in the world, delivering billions of packages to hundreds of millions of homes and businesses annually and we have nearly doubled the size of our fulfillment network over the last two years! Come be part of this tremendous growth and join a dedicated team committed to operational and financial excellence where you will focus on the inputs, think like an owner and where every day is Day One.
Key job responsibilities
Success in Role
- You know your business and identify opportunities to decrease cost and/or improve customer and employee experience. You leverage appropriate resources to deep dive and make recommendations and influence leaders. You formulate how to deliver improvements and execute across all fulfillment centers. You play an active role in recruiting and coaching others on your team or other teams. You understand controllership and are working to increase your knowledge here.
Business Finance Support:
- Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models and analyses with little guidance and draw conclusions and make recommendations that deliver results, and drive improvements.
- Independently align financial and operational analyses with your business partners, challenging business partner assumptions when necessary.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to business leaders to support operational and growth business decisions and action plans.
- Proactively identify opportunities to resolve finance defects and improve, automate, standardize or simplify finance or business tools and processes across teams and organizations.
- Own the financial reporting for a business area and may supervise or teach others in areas of financial reporting.
- Identify and solve complex data integrity issues and collaborate with stakeholders on resolution, insisting on the highest standards.
- Develop and execute data analysis processes that are scalable and auditable.
- Intuitively utilize active listening skills to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner, adjusting your style based on audience, to articulate complex finance issues.
- Create effective business partnership with Site Leaders, manage competing priorities, and provide guidance during unexpected events.
- Have backbone and challenge business partner plans and assumptions when needed.
- Take part in hiring, developing, and mentoring activities while you seek value, and leverage diverse perspectives.
A day in the life
No day in Operations is ever the same! As a Senior Financial Analyst in the (insert division/department) team you will work in a fast-paced, high-energy and ever-changing environment. You’ll work alongside your Ops and Support teams to help make Amazon the Earth’s Best Employer: Production meetings, labor planning, business reviews and data driven analysis will encompass your days. You may even get to pack a box or two!
About the team
This role will partner closely with a broad range of leaders in Finance, Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, Procurement, Accounting, HR and Technology. This role plays a critical role as a financial advocate and business partner.
- Minimum 5 years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 3 years of experience.
- Travel 10+% between sites.
- Schedule may require occasional work on weekends or holidays.
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.