Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Amazon Books content acquisition team is looking for a strong Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer to build robust data products that help our diverse product/programs teams acquire Books content that our customer love, in various formats like Kindle, Physical book, audio… to consume via different models like subscriptions, rental, ala-carte etc.
Our team mission is to build best in class tools that endure and speeds access to information and insight. As a business intelligence engineer, you will partner with internal teams like vendor, account, product management teams to understand the business problems/gaps in reporting. You would then frame analytical solution/reporting product that address the business problem. You will use a combination of programming, data mining, machine learning skills and reporting platform (Tableau, Quicksight, Datanet) skills to develop internal self-service tools that can scale for Amazon global books content organization. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, knowledge of business intelligence solutions, as well as outstanding business acumen and the ability to work with quantitative problems. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, has strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and driven by a desire to innovate in this space.
Key job responsibilities
Build scalable solutions / self-serve platforms that will provide data / KPIs to inform business decision making
Apply data mining and quantitative analysis to understand ways to improve our content selection for customers
Analyze and solve business problems with focus on understanding root causes and driving forward-looking opportunities
Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing performance metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
Build various data visualizations to tell the story and let the data speak for itself
Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
* Proactively developing new metrics and studies to quantify customer behavior.
A day in the life
Engage with product, program, vendor, account managers to understand business problems
Translate business problems into analytical solutions (data extracts, self-serve dashboards, ML solution)
Identify and source data creatively from bespoke data sources. Partner with analytics peer group to validate data/assumptions
Participate in trainings to learn about the business and evolving best practices in the analytic functional space
Proactively identify analytics opportunities, write papers, drive alignments with customers and execute on the aligned roadmap
About the team
BCAA (Books Content Aquisition Analytics) supports the data, reporting and analytics, self-serve tool development needs of Books Content Acquisition organization
- BA/BS in Business, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related technical/quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience in business analytics/development of scalable reporting solutions using Tableau/Quicksight/Microstrategy
- Professional experience with Python or R
- Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for complex reporting.
- Experience in development of self-service reporting suites using Tableau or Quicksight
- MBA or Master’s Degree Information Science, Data Science or a related field preferred
- Experience on AWS Big Data technologies, like RedShift, S3, Aurora, Data Pipeline, QuickSight, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience using analytics to influence multiple departments, increasing their productivity and effectiveness to achieve strategic goals.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.